Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Utility Assistance Program - Couple with Utility Bills

Need Help Paying Your Energy or Water Bill?

The LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP) provides one-time financial assistance to help balance an eligible household's utility bill. The LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLD WATER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHWAP) is a temporary emergency program to help low-income families with assistance on water and sewer bills. SHARING HOUSEHOLDS ASSIST RIVERSIDE’S ENERGY (SHARE) provides low-income residents with utility bill assistance.

Ways To Apply For Utility Assistance:

Apply Online at:

By email: Email your completed application to [email protected]

By Fax:  Fax your completed application to 951-955-2230 (Disconnections only).

By mail: Send your completed application to CAP Riverside P.O Box 5760, Riverside, California 92517-5760

In person: Call (951) 955-4900 to schedule an appointment at an office near you. Our office locations.


Funding for the program is provided by the federal LIHEAP and the City of Riverside SHARE (Sharing Households Assist Riverside’s Energy). Low-income Californians can apply for heating and cooling assistance under the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.

The Department of Community Services and Development (CSD) is the designated administering agency for LIHWAP in Ca​​lifornia. Through LIHWAP, CSD works with a network of community-based local service providers to help low-income households pay down their residential ​water and wastewater utility bills.​

You may be eligible for these programs if you are a resident of Riverside County, and your household’s income is at or below 60% of the state median income. If your household earns less than the amount listed below, you are eligible. If your household earns more than the amount listed for your household size, you are not eligible.


LIHWAP Program


2024  LIHEAP/LIHWAP Income Eligibility

Persons In Household

Monthly Income























Attention Please


You are responsible for printing your documents and making copies. We do not print out or make copies of your documents. If you don’t have access to a printer at home, there are various places in your area that provide low-cost copy services such as libraries, Office Depot/Office Max, UPS stores, FedEx offices, Staples, CVS, and Walgreens.


Customer Application graphic


Required Documents

You will need the following documents to complete your application, please have them ready before you begin to ensure your application is completed and processed.

  1. Proof of Income (Last 4 weeks).
  2. Copy of the Applicant’s Photo ID and Social Security Card.
  3. Any of the following: U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Certificate of Naturalization, Social Security Award Letter, or DD214 showing place of Birth.
  4. For LIHEAP: Current utility bills for Electric/Gas/Propane (If applicable), For LIHWAP: Water/Sewer bill.