Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Utility Assistance


Need Help Paying Your Energy Bill?

The LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP) provides one-time financial assistance to help balance an eligible household's utility bill. The LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLD WATER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHWAP) is a temporary emergency program to help low-income families with assistance on past due water and sewer bills. SHARING HOUSEHOLDS ASSIST RIVERSIDE’S ENERGY (SHARE) provides low-income residents with utility bill assistance.


Funding for the program is provided by the federal LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) and the City of Riverside SHARE (Sharing Households Assist Riverside’s Energy). Low-income Californians can apply for heating and cooling assistance under the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. You may be eligible for this program if you are a resident of Riverside County, and your household’s income is at or below 60% of the state median income. If your household earns less than the amount listed below, you are eligible. If your household earns more than the amount listed for your household size, you are not eligible.


2023  LIHEAP Income Eligibility

​​​​​​Per​​sons In Househol​​​​d​​​

​​Monthly Income

Yearly Income


































Attention Please


You are responsible for printing your documents and making copies. We do not print out or make copies of your documents. If you don’t have access to a printer at home, there are various places in your area that provide low-cost copy services such as libraries, Office Depot/Office Max, UPS stores, FedEx offices, Staples, CVS, and Walgreens.


Customer Application graphic


Required Documents

You will need the following documents to complete your application, please have them ready before you begin to ensure your application is completed and processed.

  1. Current utility bills: Electric/Gas/Propane (If applicable).
  2. Proof of Income (Last 4 weeks).
  3. Copy of the Applicant’s Photo ID and Social Security Card.
  4. Any of the following: U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Certificate of Naturalization, Social Security Award Letter, or DD214 showing place of Birth.